Please read this Terms & Conditions carefully before signing to be a member of Take Me Home CIC. Your access and use of this service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms & Conditions. These terms and conditions apply to all registered members, and by accessing or using this service you agree to be bound by them. If you disagree with any this terms, then you should not access the service.
Terms & Conditions:
1. Membership of Take Me Home (TMH) is open to all Africans and voluntary.
2. All members must pay a one-off subscription fee of £20 on joining and this fee is not refundable
3. All Group members pay a monthly administration fee of £1 or £10 per year in advance.
4. All Individual members pay a monthly administration fee of £2 or £20 per year in advance.
5. All members are required to make a nominal contribution when a member dies. Contributions are expected to be about £5 per incident/announced death.
6. Members remains are only eligible for repatriation after being on TMH register for at least 24 months.
7. Membership of Take Me Home is open to individuals who are less than or 70 years old on or before their first anniversary on the TMH register.
8. Every member of each group or association registered with TMH must absolutely reside in the United Kingdom.
9. No member shall have 2 identification numbers. It is the responsibility of the President of a member Association to ensure that their members are not registered twice.
10. Any member who had a membership terminated can be readmitted only after paying all missed contributions, plus the penalty and observe the waiting period of up to six months.
11. Members Names should be registered with TMH as they are written on their respective official documents. No justification of name change will be entertained or accepted after death of a member.
12. Any individual member that wants to withdraw should do so in an explicit manner through a letter addressed to the Chairman. Withdrawal of group members should be done through filling a withdrawal form to be found on our website.
13. Take Me Home has the authority to exclude any member or association whose behaviour are considered disruptive or destabilising to Take Me Home CIC.
14. All group members must pay an administration fee of £12.00 per year (equivalent to £1.00 per month), due by the 25th January of each year. A penalty of 50% & 75% will apply after 30 & 60 days respectively of non-payment, and after 90 days of non-payment the membership of the individual or group(s) within the association will be considered terminated.
15. All individual members must pay an administration fee of £24.00 per year (equivalent to £2.00 per month), due by the 25th January of each year. A penalty of 50% & 75% will apply after 30 & 60 days respectively of non-payment, and after 90 days of non-payment the membership of the individual will be considered terminated.
16. Take Me Home will make a total payment of £5000.00 per deceased member for their repatriation to their chosen or specified country of rest in Africa.
17. All membership ID remains the property of Take Me Home, and cannot be used outside the scope or agreement of Take Me Home. The use of member’s names, membership ID or details, as well as emails and phone numbers from Take Me Home for political or economic purposes or any other unauthorised purposes are strictly prohibited and if done, may render such user to be liable to prosecution.
18. Take Me Home considers the following as fraudulent and/or deception when:
A registered member of Take Me Home is not resident in the United Kingdom
Providing falsified document(s) to Take Me Home CIC.
Making a false statement to Take Me Home CIC.
19. In cases where fraud is detected, the individuals concerned will be excluded from Take Me Home and will lose all right of support, benefit or refund. The association/group to which such member belongs may also be excluded with loss of support, benefit or refund, if they are found to be complicit in the fraud.
20. If a member dies in United Kingdom, the association of the deceased member must submit the following necessary documents:
Details of the funeral home and cost of repatriation
21. Take me Home will not be responsible for members who died in their African country of origin or other parts of Africa or the world.
22. The only exception to the above, where Take Me Home would repatriate a members remain to Africa if the member is deceased outside the UK, would be when the family or association to which the deceased member belonged transports the deceased back to the UK for Take me Home to take responsibility after providing the following documents:
Details of funeral home in UK and cost of repatriation
23. Any death must be reported to Take Me Home within 7 days after the event. After this period, the death is no longer considered by Take me Home (no contributions). However, it will be published in order to remove the membership ID from the database.
24. Within 7 days of the official death announcement being made, all contributions must be received by Take Me Home, in accordance with the contribution sheets issued. A contribution sheet will be sent out to all individual members or groups at or around the time an official death announcement is made. The official death announcement will only be made after Take Me Home receives the required documents outlined above.
25. Contributions can be made in a number of ways including the following:
Bank deposit into Take Me Home bank account
Through online payment on Take Me Home’s website by credit card, debit card or PayPal
26. Where payment through Bank deposits is used, it must be accompanied by the Association/Group’s ID number or Individual ID number, as issued by Take Me Home.